Kforce has a client in search of a GDPR Information Security Specialist in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ).
The GDPR Information Security Specialist is responsible for assisting the organization with implementation of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance. The GDPR Information Security Specialist responsibilities include creating and enforcing new organizational GDPR policies and procedures that meet GDPR compliance and adhere to local data protection laws. The GDPR Information Security Specialist will assist with implementing GDPR controls on Systems that need to meet GDPR compliance and will need to understand data protection layers with SaaS cloud providers. The GDPR Information Security Specialist will report to the Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
* Assist in evaluating third-parties SaaS cloud solutions to provide data protection
* Document the company's data processing activities
* Follow documentation to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
* Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company
* Maintain documentation of processing operations
* Resolve data subjects requests within legal timeframes (e.g. delete their information from our databases)
* Adhere to data protection policies and procedures
* Assist with audits to comply with GDPR compliance
* Patch or update business systems to reduce data protection vulnerabilities
* Understanding of Salesforce and Microsoft Azure infrastructure environments
* Collaborate with other departments to implement GDPR compliance and security
* Adhere to IT Security policies and procedures
* Reports to the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
* Minimum of an Associate Degree in Information Security, or Information Technology, or Information Risk Assessment.
* Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in an information security or information technical or information risk assessment role
* Experience with GDPR compliance and security is highly desired
* 1-2 years-experience in supporting the information security in a healthcare related setting
* Prior experience with root cause analysis
* Prior experience in Health Care industry
* Knowledge with ticketing system to create, log entries, resolve and close security incident reports
* Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, communication, and presentation skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication ability
* Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
* Need strong creative writing and editing skills for reviewing and updating information security policies and procedures
* Ability to adapt to cutting-edge SaaS technology while maintaining security without negatively impacting business growth and productivity
* Strong analytical abilities and investigation skills
* Passion for customer service, problem solving, investigation, and information security
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.