Minneapolis - Minneapolis, MN
4 Year Degree
Bio-Techne is seeking an Information Security Specialist to serve as the primary technical resource responsible for safeguarding company information systems assets. This role will partner with senior business and technology personnel to identify and solve security concerns as well as implement Bio-Techne’s global IT security strategy. The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring adherence to information security best practices, performing regular security assessments & implementing effective controls to safeguard company assets and information. The ideal candidate will be able to work well with infrastructure, operations, and application teams while implementing a balanced approach to security that maintains reliability, scalability, and usability for the Bio-Techne global staff.
Serve as primary technical cyber security staff member that will work with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to implement security strategy.
Partner with the CISO to ensure business unit understanding and compliance to Bio-Techne’s security policies and procedures.
Partner with development and infrastructure engineering teams to enable built-in security.
Protect systems by defining access privileges, control methodologies, and system updates.
Create and provide detailed reporting on security vulnerabilities or other areas of weakness to senior management as part of monthly information security assessments. Select and work closely with 3
party vendors to partner on cybersecurity vulnerability analyses.
Partner with CISO to perform product selection with an understanding of RFPs, comparative analysis, and make recommendations based on measured results.
Manage and maintain network and system security by partnering with internal IT personnel to comply with all policies and industry best practices.
Contribute to the continuous improvement and optimization of processes for existing and new security initiatives.
Work closely with internal audit and legal departments to support and deploy processes and solutions that ensure full compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
Ensure business continuity and integrity of technology systems by advising infrastructure teams on cybersecurity and compliance concerns regarding backup and disaster recovery methodologies.
Develop end-user information security training programs including tests for compliance.
Work as part of cohesive global IT organization while providing business focused technology solutions.
Be an advocate for customer trust and privacy protection.
Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent field and 4 years of cyber security experience. CISSP, CSSLP, and/or GSEC certifications preferred. Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be able to multi-task, and have strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable managing globally distributed security solutions and be able to clearly articulate ideas in non-technical terms.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of network security best practices and methodologies
2. Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure components such as servers, data centers, network, telephony, and storage area networks
3. Knowledge of standard operating procedures and service level agreements.
4. Knowledge of modern IT service methodologies such as private & public cloud, virtual farms, software as a service (SaaS), and software defined networking (SDN, SD-WAN)
5. Knowledge of Risk Management Framework tools and procedures
6. Skill in customer relations with vendors and internal
7. Skill to communicate professionally, both oral and written
8. Skill to define a problem, identify root causes resulting in solutions
9. Skill at self-motivation and completing tasks in a timely manner
10. Skill at making oral presentations that are clear, concise, and easy to understand
11. Ability to work cooperatively within a group and with employees at distant locations across the global Bio-Techne business
12. Ability to organize, prioritize and respond to multiple projects and deadlines
13. Ability to identify, implement, and document new procedures or identify when existing procedures are obsolete
14. Ability to work with interruptions as problems arise needing immediate attention
15. Ability to manage medium to large projects and working knowledge of PM standard procedures such as developing project proposals, establishing detailed timelines, and driving all assigned tasks to completion.