CUNA Mutual Group
Work Location: Madison, WI
This position directs the application of the Corporate Safety and Security Programs for the organization and affiliates worldwide. The core purpose of this position is to manage strategic and operational risk by installing and maintaining programs necessary or required to minimize loss exposures to CUNA Mutual employees and property. In addition, this position has responsibility for analyzing trends, researching regulations, and managing vendors to continuously improve the Safety and Security programs in a cost effective manner.
- Manage the Corporate Safety and Security function for all CUNA Mutual locations. This includes full authority for the daily administration and ongoing compliance with Corporate Safety and Security Policies and Procedures, applicable safety, security, and environmental regulations (OSHA, EPA, etc.), and regulatory and insurance carrier requirements.
- Manage assigned and/or contracted staff and budgets supporting the safety and security programs.
- Develop and deliver safety and security training and exercise programs for all CUNA Mutual locations. Programs include site specific security procedures, OSHA and other regulatory compliance, and injury prevention (ergonomics, trip/fall, etc.).
- Conduct due diligence audits for the acquisition, merger, and affiliation of new organizations with the Group and affiliate organizations as they pertain to risk and loss exposures and their financial and operational impact.
- Investigate and respond to all requirements or violations issued by governing agencies (including OSHA, EPA, State Department of Natural Resources, State Department of Industry Labor and Human Relations, local fire departments, regulatory agencies, and others) pertaining to the maintenance of a safe and secure work environment. Furthermore, investigate and respond to all employee complaints regarding safety and security, as requested, and determine appropriate solutions to these concerns.
- Perform and maintain ongoing safety and security risk assessments to ensure programs are aligned with current business needs and exposures.
- Compile and analyze safety and security metrics on a regular basis ensuring vendors are meeting Service Level Agreements; make recommendations to improve safety and security processes; prevent injuries, property damage, liability claims or security incidents.
- Bachelors' degree in Loss Prevention or Risk Management related discipline.
- Five years' experience in corporate safety, security, and loss control with a commercial insurance carrier or private business.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, local, and/or provincial occupational safety, health, and environmental protection standards and regulations and accepted security practices.
- Relevant industry certification(s) required, including one or more of the following: Certified Protection Professional, Certified Safety Professional (or equivalents)
- Proficient in leading, developing and directing Corporate Safety and Security training and exercise programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with and influence senior management, third party contractors, and all levels of employees.
- Ability to act independently with responsibility and authority across all companies and locations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct people.
- Demonstrated vendor management experience, including management of budget and service levels
- Strong project management skills, with proven ability to direct and manage complex projects crossing company and third party organizational, business unit, and facility boundaries.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time, including international travel.
- Requires 24/7/365 availability to respond to any corporate emergency
CUNA Mutual Group's insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 5-8 years
AREA OF INTEREST(S): Compliance Jobs
TYPE OF JOB: Full Time
JOB ID: MJL20152407-34174
CUNA Mutual Group
Website : http://www.cunamutual.com
For more than 75 years, CUNA Mutual Group has worked tirelessly to deliver product and service solutions that meet the unique challenges and needs of credit unions and their members. Our vision is unwavering: to be a trusted business partner who delivers service excellence with customer-focused, best-in-class products and market-driven innovation.