Beeline - View Request - Details
The Security Systems Specialist provides technical expertise for the ABB physical security
infrastructure as part of the ABB Security Support Team. Located in Cary, NC, and Houston, TX, the Security Support Team provides security design, project management, configuration, troubleshooting, resolution and documentation support services to ABB initiatives, as well as providing guidance and assistance to ABB associates, administrative and support personnel.
• Provide design, configuration, commissioning and documentation support for security
projects as assigned.
• Provide project management and guidance for assigned projects. This may include
support for projects on campus in Cary, NC, Houston, TX, or providing remote support for off campus projects.
• Provide technical support for end users, systems administrators and service support
technicians on ABB deployed security technologies.
• Working in a team environment, triage and troubleshoot Tier2 level problems by
leveraging personal skill sets, compiled knowledge databases and by collaborating as
required with ABB team members, peers and leadership.
• Document issues and resolutions as realized for trend analysis and lessons learned
• Escalate issues requiring manufacturer/vendor assist to appropriate vendor and/or
senior applications engineering support.
• Via Webinar, provide lunch n learn training sessions to remote administration
personnel requiring technical guidance and updates.
• Maintain the highest levels of customer focus and satisfaction, responding promptly
and thoroughly to issues as encountered by the security support team.
• Comprehensive knowledge of security systems technology including, but not limited
• Lenel OnGuard access control and CCTV supported software and hardware. Installer programming/support certification desired.
• Kantech Entrapass Enterprise edition supported software and hardware (KT panels,
REX, Card readers, locks, door contacts, etc.) – Global access control certification
• Avigilon and Exacq video management systems and supported hardware base
certification required, advanced preferred.
• Experience with ancillary physical security countermeasures and disciplines (IP
intercom, analytics, perimeter security, etc.) desired.
• Strong IP Networking skills.
• Knowledge of basic field troubleshooting techniques for low voltage systems (ground
faults, shorts, use of test equipment like a Multi meter, etc.).
• Comprehensive knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
Personal and Interpersonal Qualifications:
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Assertive, self starter, exhibits a strong sense of urgency.
• Exceptional professionalism and customer?service skills.
• The desire and ability to have an impactful conversation with users about their
support needs and requirements.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Good verbal & written communication skills.
• Enjoys working in a team oriented environment and highly motivated to provide a
positive user experience.
• Independent critical and creative thinking.
• Skilled at problem solving.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, demanding environment, under
substantial deadlines and pressure.
• Willingness to travel as needed to remote offices for end user and project support.
• Maintain relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors
• Minimum 3 years physical security experience
• Must be Cary, NC or Houston, TX based, onsite 5 days a week, and actively partner with ABB stakeholders.
• Travel to remote locations as required, anticipated less than 10%.