American Systems Corporation
Cannon Afb, NM, United States
It, Security, Security Clearance
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is seeking a mid-level Information Security Specialist. Responsibilities include:
Manage and direct the implementation, testing, and validation of physical, technical, and administrative security requirements and assist in the design of a strong security operations program and effective business continuity plan.
Develop and implement IA/security standards and procedures based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
Analyze and define security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
The candidate will coordinate and develop security programs and support customers at the highest levels in development/implementation of policies.
Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
Monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to protect data systems/databases from unauthorized users.
Identify, report, and resolve security violations.
Determine causes of security breaches and research, recommend, and implement changes to protect data from future violations.
Additional responsibilities include:
Ensure that all information systems are functional and secure.
Evaluate programs against Privacy Act, HIPAA/HITECH, Federal and commercial regulations and guidance (e.g., NIST, FISMA, OMB).
Assist in educating users on security procedures.
Analyze general IA-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100 locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED “BEST OF THE BEST” by U.S. Veterans Magazine and “TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY” by MilitaryFriendly.com
• BS Degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
• 5 years of experience in Computer Science, MIS, or data security
• Secret Clearance
• Certification: CISM, CIPA, or CISSP
• Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with a high energy level and willingness to aggressively take on responsibility
• Strong foundation in Federal laws and regulations governing information security / privacy, and information assurance
• Working knowledge of the security standards and controls utilized by Federal civilian agencies, the DoD and the Intelligence Community
• Excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to approach job responsibilities with a focus on process improvement
• Able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of management, including executive management
• Strong verbal and writing skills
• Unconditional integrity and commitment to achieving goals
• Experience working with Risk Management Framework
• Familiarity with the classified eMASS tool or current Air Force Cybersecurity Assessment and Authorization tool
• Security Certification
Submit your Resume to this Job
American Systems Corporation
Website : http://www.americansystems.com
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. Based in the Washington, D.C., suburb of Chantilly, Virginia, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is a government services contractor focused on delivering valued services to our customers in areas of National Priority…that is keeping our nation and its citizens safe from all enemies, both foreign and domestic.